How did our country get to this point in time? The answer is shocking yet quite simple. Silent Pastors are to blame. I have heard the arguments and debated those who held them. They have cited Romans 13:1 and 2 over and over again that there is no authority on the Earth except what God put there. Yet when I point out verses 3 and 4 of Romans 13 which brings the context of the first two verses, I notice that no argument can come forth. As a matter of fact they try to ignore verse 3 and 4 and keep citing 1 and 2. To give everyone who reads this clarity, Romans 13: 1-4 says:
1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
In verses 1 and 2 it says what authority is. In verses 3 and 4 it spells out the PURPOSE of authority. This misinterpretation of Scripture (whether it is done through deception or malice) indicates to me that most Christians are not only adamant about not having an honest, intellectual discussion on what the Bible says and how it applies to our society, they are actually fulfilling II Timothy 4:3-4 which says:
3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
No one in Christian leadership seems to want to be honest enough with themselves – not to mention their congregations that they are charged by God to sheppard, to admit that they made a mistake. That through their silence or coercion, they have encouraged to their members to elect a “Saul” (read I Samuel 8 on how Saul came to power and I Samuel 9 on what he did after he took power). We see before our very eyes Saul (Obama) is consolidating his power base. Nationalizing (Government owning) every industry possible. From banks to cars, to now health care. What are the pastor’s response? Pray for our “president” (I can’t call him that because he hasn’t satisfied Article II of the U.S. Constitution). It is sad to say the only difference between the Sanhedrin in our day and the ones in the 1st century is 2000 years and a better tailor.
What we are about to witness – provided we do nothing, is hyperinflation (prices for food, services, and interest rates going up exponentially), the persecution of the citizen who doesn’t subscribe to the way the government is being run (they already have a email address you can use to report anyone giving out “false” information). The persecution of the Church that hasn’t been seen since the time of Nero. This will culminate into the imprisonment of ordinary citizens in general and Christians in particular. Don’t believe me? The Army already has job in its catalog that spells out just such a specialty. Here’s the link:
The time is NOW to do something BESIDES prayer! You must stand up for your rights WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PASTOR’S SUPPORT. Write, phone, fax, or email your government representative. Express how dissatisfied you are with their job performance. Always act peaceably and professionally. NEVER USE VIOLENCE. That is what they are looking for to suspend our constitution, and put this country in a state of martial law.
God gave us the rights in our Constitution through men to steward. You can either go along with the silent pastors and roll over on your back like a docile animal trusting those who “rub your belly” with their left hand while you’re not paying attention to the knife in their right hand. Or you can stand up, speak up, organize, and recall (yes recall) your elected representatives from their office and put someone there who will listen and ACT on what you deem important.
We are in day where we are to pick a side. The Lord already has. Which one will you pick?